Would you like to find a way to earn money and follow COVID safety procedures––at the same time? No problem! A lot of other people are in the same boat. Just make sure you find safe ways to do so. Here’s a list of money-making suggestions:
- Yard Work: In the winter, many people need somebody to clear out the snow. And in the spring, mowing lawns is all the rage. You can also water plants when your neighbors are gone on vacation. Lawn care is always in season! It’s easy to social distance as well––you really don’t have a reason to socialize.
- Sell Old Items: Selling used items such as equipment or clothes is a good way to earn a few bucks. Places like Craigslist, eBay, and Facebook Marketplace are great places to start.
- Offer Virtual Tutoring Services: This is a great way to help people and earn a little extra cash, and Zoom allows both parties to stay safe with ease. The most common subjects are Math and English. If you’re more interested in non-academic topics, you can teach people to draw or play an instrument.
- Sew Masks: Masks are high in demand lately––and for good reason! If you’re crafty and you have time on your hands, sewing masks can be a great option.
- Walk Dogs: As long as you wear gloves and social distance with the owner, walking dogs is safe way to make money! It’s a great way to get exercise, too.
- Host a Bake Sale: People are always hungry for homemade treats. Hosting a bake sale is a quick way to get cash, and you become a better baker as well.
- Wash Cars: If your neighbor hasn’t gone to the car wash in a while, make an offer! Just try to conserve water, and make sure no soap goes down the storm drains. This way, you won’t be hurting the environment.
- Create a Redbubble or Etsy Store: If you like making artwork such as calligraphy, pottery, and drawing, you might consider selling it. Choose your store wisely, though. Etsy, for instance, takes 5% of the profits (most ideal for start-ups) while Redbubble takes 80%.
- Stock Photography: Love photography? This job is for you. Companies pay around 30 cents per download of a photo when you start out. The more photographs you submit, the more money you can make.
If you want to earn a little more money, you might want to consider picking up a few more skills. These can come in handy in many different ways. Quarantine is the perfect time to learn something new:
- Coding: Learning to code is a great way to get a head start if you enjoy tech! Coding is required for web developers and mobile app creators, and many other jobs. You can even freelance your coding skills.
- Proofreading: There’s a big market for proofreaders. If you want to learn more about grammar and conventions, this is a great skill to learn.
- Learning Another Language: Did you know that close to 20% of Americans are bilingual? Learning another language helps improve your cognition skills, and in time, you can become a paid translator.
Thanks for reading! I hope this short list has inspired you to get creative and make some money. See you next time!